If you’re coming from the Durban/Pietermaritzburg side, to get to the Kamberg valley take the Nottingham Road offramp from the N3 Highway and travel to Nottingham Road.
- Take the Nottingham Road offramp (Ext.132). Travel through Nottingham Road, turning off to the right opposite The Junction and proceed under the railway bridge passing the Engen Garage on your left. Zero you odometer.
- From Engen travel to Rosetta ± 6,7 km.
- Opposite the “Ugly Duckling” (on your right), turn left to Kamberg.
- Remain on this tar road for 38 km.
- Some landmarks so you know you are on the correct road:
- at 8,3 km you will cross a narrow bridge.
- at 22,3 km you will pass Dabulamanzi School on your right.
- at 35,9 km you will pass a road to the left signposted Kamberg Nature Reserve.
- at 36,4 km you will pass a road to the left signposted Highmoor.
- 400m later you will cross the little Mooi River.
- at 44.5 km turm left onto dirt road
- D11- signposted by National Heritage signpost and Crane and Wetland Sanctuary signpost.
- Travel 3.2kms turn left at the National Heritage sign- this is the only entrance. The Gate will be locked.
- Follow this road to National Heritage Nature Park.