In planning your activities at National Heritage Nature Park, you’ll be spoilt for choice ranging from complete relaxation to exciting and fascinating action.
- Sit on the deck and enjoy the view.
- Relax around the dam and take in some sunshine.
- Hone your skills on the tennis court and in the cricket net.
- Relax around the swimming pool or go for a dip.
- Keep yourself entertained in our fully equipped games room.
- On our well-stocked dam, a mere cast from the deck; or
- On nearby waters, both dam and river – prior arrangement required.
WalkS & Hikes
- Enjoy a leisurely walk through the Nature Park from an easy saunter to something more challenging.
- Perfectly catered to hiking and walking groups
- Many beautiful hiking trails available in the neighbouring area too
- Enjoy a chilly dip the in crisp, clear mountain streams on your way!
- Challenging trails in the surrounding area for the off road enthusiast with picturesque mountain scenery.
- Bring your own bike and protective gear.
- Many species of birds occur in and around the garden area as well as throughout the Nature Park.
- Cape Vultures, Jackal Buzzards, Bearded Vultures and three different crane species are frequently spotted in the area.
Sport and Recreation
- Swimming pool
- Tennis court
- Pool table
- Table tennis
- Cricket net
- Canoeing (available on the dam)
Other Places of Interest
- 18 Hole top class Golf Course at Gowrie in Nottingham Road
- Kamberg, Highmoor and Giants Castle Nature Reserves.
- The Midlands Meander is a totally absorbing outing with many arts and crafts, restaurants and shops.
- Nottingham Road village is only 1 hour away.
- Kamberg or Giants Castle rock art. With 3000 images in the Ukhahlamba Drakensberg Park it is considered to be one of the richest rock art areas in the world.
A beautiful place with so much to do. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and hope to be back soon. Thank you Gordon, Veronica and staff .
70th birthday! What joy and what a blessing to have celebrated at this beautiful piece of God’s beauty. Lovely memories to go with us.