In planning your activities at National Heritage Nature Park, you’ll be spoilt for choice ranging from complete relaxation to exciting and fascinating action.
- Sit on the deck and enjoy the view.
- Relax around the dam and take in some sunshine.
- Hone your skills on the tennis court and in the cricket net.
- Relax around the swimming pool or go for a dip.
- Keep yourself entertained in our fully equipped games room.
- On our well-stocked dam, a mere cast from the deck; or
- On nearby waters, both dam and river.
WalkS & Hikes
- Enjoy a leisurely walk through the Nature Park or let your host take you on an interpretive, guided walk, from an easy saunter to something more challenging.
- Bathe in crisp, clear mountain streams.
- Vulture feeding site – watch Cape vultures, lammergeiers and other raptors feeding a mere 20 metres away.
- Walk through indigenous forests and marvel at their splendour.
Sport and Recreation
- Swimming pool
- Tennis court
- Pool table
- Table tennis
- Cricket net
- Mountain biking (bring your own bicycles)
Other Places of Interest
- Hlatikhulu Crane and Wetland Sanctuary.
- Kamberg, Highmoor and Giants Castle Nature Reserves.
- The Midlands Meander is a totally absorbing outing with many arts and crafts, restaurants and shops.
- Nottingham Road village is only 40 minutes away.
- Nine-hole country golf course.
- Kamberg or Giants Castle rock art. With 3000 images in the Ukhahlamba Drakensberg Park it is considered to be one of the richest rock art areas in the world.
Wow, majestic! What a beautiful piece of Africa! Thank you for sharing this haven with the public, we are so blessed. We will certainly be back for more.
The team is stronger than the individual. Thank you for giving us an amazing environment in which to grow. We will be back soon.